Visitors traveling from the United States into Canada or vice versa can use any of the following six ports of entry to get to Waterton Lakes National Park

  • Aden, Alberta/Whitlash, Montana
  • Carway, Alberta/Peigan, Montana
  • Del Bonita, Alberta/Del Bonita, Montana
  • Wild Horse, Alberta/Wild Horse, Montana
  • Coutts, Alberta/Sweetgrass, Montana (open all year, daily 24-hour service)
  • Chief Mountain, Alberta/Chief Mountain, Montana
Waterton Borders

For further information on border crossings, you can contact any of the following:

Important Customs and Immigration Information

  • Visitors from all countries will need a valid passport to enter Canada. They may also require other documentation such as a visas or alien card. Check with a Canadian embassy to ensure you have the proper documentation to enter the country.
  • Persons under 18 years traveling without their parents should have a letter of authorization from a parent or guardian to travel into Canada.